Friday, August 29, 2008

You can lose fat at any age!

You can lose fat at ANY AGE:

Most people assume that for one or more reasons, they, personally cannot lose weight.

I have heard everything from

1. I'm too old - studies continue to show that beginning a strength training routine at any age will build muscle, which is directly responsible for increasing our metabolism. It's true that we lose muscle as we age, but that's because we become less active and eat too many calories for our needs.

2. It's my genetics, everyone in my family is overweight. - I've personally overcome 'bad genetics'. In fact, I think it's more 'bad habits' than 'bad genetics', we are creatures of habit, I saw bad habits growing up and I modeled them.

3. I'm too busy - we are ALL too busy. That's just an excuse. We all need to 'plan our work' and then 'work our plan' Be proactive - take 2 hours on the weekend to buy, prepare, and store your meals for the week. This discipline will do more for fat loss than any workout program.

Action Steps:
1. Eat unprocessed 80% of the time - 80/20 rule, nobody is perfect. Tip: If it comes out of dirt or off a vine, it's probably good for you.

2. Do Strength Training movements (COMPOUND) in a circuit style manner, cardio is secondary
3. Be consistent - stick with it, why are you doing it? Vanity, health, family?
4. Set Behavior based goals rather than Outcome based goals. Example of behavior based goals: "I will exercise 4 times a week", this is something you CAN control. Outcome based goal: "I will lose 10lbs by next month." This is a goal you CANNOT control.

No comments:

Real before and after shot!

Real before and after shot!
Over 50lbs of fat....GONE!