Sunday, April 20, 2008

Lead the horse to water...

"If you really want to do something, you'll find a way; if you don't, you'll find an excuse."
- Frank Banks
As a personal trainer, I've seen the above quote come to life day in and day out over the course of my 9 years experience in the trenches.
I've had clients come in all excited, make the appointments to train & verbally commitment to change their lifestyle only to fizzle out at the first obstacle in their workout program or eating plan.
It's frustrating..... and oftentimes, I own their outcome.
What I mean is, I end up taking it upon myself and accept the blame for their lack of commitment.
Over time, I've realized that people are people. Meaning, you are never going to figure them out.
You can give a person every tool to succeed, but ultimately, it's they who are left with the final decision to change or not. We have to accept that fact.
As a trainer, give your clients every opportunity and reason to succeed. It's true that you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make them drink.
Do your job: Lead the horse to water......

No comments:

Real before and after shot!

Real before and after shot!
Over 50lbs of fat....GONE!