Sunday, April 20, 2008

Biggest Loser Champion


Okay, watching Biggest Loser is one of my guilty pleasures. But think about it, what's not to love about this show? It is truly life changing! The transformations seen week in and week out are nothing short of spectacular!

This past week, Ali, the first woman 'Loser', motivated me to continue providing the best service I can to my clients. Funny story.....

On Wednesday morning, Ali and Jillian were guests on the Today Show. While my client was warming up on the treadmill, she turned and asked me, "Why can't I get results like Ali?" Let's run down the reasons:

1. Ali trained 5 - 6 hours a day. ---------- My client 'works out' 3x a week for 30 minutes.

2. Ali did interval sprints at 13 and 14 mph. ----- My client walks @ 3.0 mph for 20 minutes.

3. Ali sacrificed 6 months of her life to accomplish this incredible feat.

I'm not beating up on my client, but simply making the point that if you are willing to do the same work, then you can expect a similar result.

What is our take home lesson from Biggest Loser?

Basically this: I think we need to use the contestants acheivements as examples of what the human race can accomplish when they are motivated and driven to work very hard.

Are results like Ali's realistic? Sure, if you're willing to do the work she did.....

But are you willing?

Congrats to Ali:) You are a true champion!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sure, Ali and the other contestants look fabulous! Their dedication, hard work and habitt changes have help them succeed.

However, clients need to consider that the "Biggest Loser" contestants also have EVERY SINGLE MEAL planned for them. They are living in a controlled environment, providing their success.

As a trainer, I've had many discussions about this with my own clients. Jim is 100% correct when he says that goals must be realistic. This includes "Timing".

Time measures success!

Real before and after shot!

Real before and after shot!
Over 50lbs of fat....GONE!