Saturday, May 10, 2008

Navy Seals Fitness Challenge - May 10th, 2008

I just got back from Dearborn where I competed in the 2008 Navy Seals Fitness Challenge. The Challenge consisted of the following 5 events:

1 - 500 meter swim using breaststroke or side stroke

2 - Pushups

3 - Situps

4 - Chinups

5 - 1.5 mile run

The goal was to finish at 'elite' Navy Seal status. If you did that, you received a Navy T-shirt. If you finished just shy of elite, you received a brown T-shirt. And if you finished, you received a white T-shirt. Here were the standards for each:

1. 500 meter swim -
Elite - 10 minutes or under
Standard - 12 minutes or under

Jimi's result: 11:15! Yeah, Standard Brown status!

Next, was the pushups!

2. Pushups -
Elite - 80 consecutive pushups in 2 minutes
Standard - 42

Jimi's result: 65! Again, another Brown! So far, so good:)

3. Situps -
Elite - 80 consecutive situps in 2 minutes
Standard - 60

Jimi's result: 85! Elite status! But remember, the highest I can qualify is Brown....

4. Chinups -
Elite - 11 Chinups
Standard - 6

Jimi's result: A spectacular 15 Chinups! Who's your daddy;)

5. 1.5 Mile Run -
Elite - 10 minutes or under
Standard - 11 minutes or under

Jimi's result: A very disappointing 11:15! :(

I qualified for the white T-shirt, but am very satisfied with my swimming result since I don't swim nor did I practice for this event.

Not to make excuses, but I have doing ZERO endurance training, especially running. My cardio work has consisted of HIIT Training on the Treadmill at 12 mph for 30 second sprints with a 30 second recovery period.

I will wear my T-shirt proudly, but not in public.... you see, I asked for a Small or Medium to show off the pecs, but was given a XL. Oh well....

It was a lot of fun, but I will not be looking to do another challenge like this anytime soon. My participation was more about ego than anything else.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

JImi, Jimi, Jimi...! you fanatic! Nice job with the swim. You are a chin up master with abs of steel.

Real before and after shot!

Real before and after shot!
Over 50lbs of fat....GONE!