Thursday, November 22, 2007

Black & White is made Grey

After 8 years in the fitness industry, I am more confused than ever.

After training almost 20,000 client hours in corporate, home, and gym settings, and reading just about everything I can get my hands on, I am left with more questions than I am answers. Perhaps it's because I am trying to boil it all down, put it in a nice neat n' clean package, and market it to EVERYONE. As fitness professionals trying to help everybody, I think that's where we get ourselves in trouble.

The debates are endless over:

- macronutrient breakdown
- intervals vs. straight sets
- steady-state cardio vs. HIIT
- high reps vs. low reps
- nutrient timing
- meal frequency
- etc....

The problem is this: Each position has it's research to back it up. Much of it may or may not be valid. Who's got time to look it all up? Where do you stand when it comes to research vs. experience? Who's right, who's wrong? Is everything a hint of grey?

Everything dies the death of a 1,000 qualifications! Or does it?

Okay, it's time for another piece of apple pie.

Happy Thanksgiving

No comments:

Real before and after shot!

Real before and after shot!
Over 50lbs of fat....GONE!